Thursday, February 3, 2011

Oh happy day -- school's in and the drywall is almost done

This has been a long week...we had workmen start Monday on removing paneling and putting up drywall in our fourth bedroom; we're going to move our little one over there and put the new baby in her room, since she already has the crib and changing table there.  We went ahead and had the "drywall guys," as they've affectionately become known, paint the room while they were at it.  Strangely, I got their name out of one of those coupon magazine things that everybody gets, and their "special" was a free bathroom painted with any estimate.  So they also painted our master bathroom  -- why not??

Long story short, even without the lovely snow and ice we haven't really been able to go anywhere because they've been here solidly since Monday.  I have to say, these guys are amazingly hard workers, and they do <i>beautiful</i> work -- but beautiful work, as usual, takes time.  I thought they'd be done Tuesday afternoon or Wednesday morning, but it's Thursday afternoon, and they're still here.  I think they'll be done this afternoon (fingers crossed).

The girls and I have been going a little bit stir crazy, being stuck in the house.  School was cancelled Tuesday because of the weather, and I can't tell you how hard I was praying for school to be back in today.  God bless the Jewish Center, it was (that's where they go to preschool).  I think they were as excited to get out of the house as I was for them to go -- they barely glanced back at me when Daddy took them out the door, and he told me that neither one of them even put up their token resistance when he dropped them off. 

The good news is, it's a lot easier to appreciate them and think they're wonderful and adorable and brilliant when I get away from them for a few hours.  When we got home from school, we all three snuggled on the couch for a little while and watched TV to settle down before nap time, and I didn't even mind them crawling all over me and wanting to sit on my lap (small as it's getting).  Is this horrible parenting?  Maybe, but that's the way it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment