Friday, September 16, 2011

Fall's in the air...so's my Noni bag!

Last spring, I knitted a Noni Crossover Bag in black, pink, and blue.  But by the time I'd finished it, it was 85 degrees, and I thought I'd look a little silly carrying around a black felted bag.

Now, though, the weather has turned just chilly enough (thankfully!) for me to break out my purse.  I usually like changing purses at the change of seasons, so this is perfect -- I finally get to carry my new knit bag.  I'm actually pretty happy with the way it wears.  I do need to put a zipper in it, though -- I've learned that the hard way.

The strap is a  JUL "Simple Sexy Leather handle" I ordered from Dreamweaver yarns.  I got the pattern from Dreamweaver, too; it's a cool pattern, because it has like six different purses/sizes on just the one pattern.  The yarn is Cascade 220 Tweed (7608 & 7705) and Cascade 220 Wool (8555) because it seems to felt the best of all the yarn I've tried.  I also like the way it knits; my biggest complaint about Cascade is that it's a b@#$! to ball from the hank -- I always end up getting the last several yards tangled and have to chuck them.  I know I could have them balled, but I hate to pay for it.

Which leads me to my other complaint -- while I think Noni has the most gorgeous patterns I've ever seen, I always screw them up and end up frogging (aka, ripping it out) & re-knitting.  I'm not sure if I don't pay attention enough when I'm knitting, or if their patterns are a little confusing.  Admittedly, the last two Noni projects I've completed have been when I was in a seriously crappy mental state, so it may be me. 

Regardless, I did finish this bag and have a nice, new purse to use.  And, yes, I see that little end hanging off the bottom.  I'll go clip that right now.